Friday, March 24, 2006

Blog or be damned...

In an Online Opinion piece “Blog or be damned?” James McConvill says that it's time for those academics in their ivory towers to embrace the potential of the 'blogging age'.

I couldn’t agree more. My hackles were raised soon after I began this blog when I was discussing with one academic whether or not there should be a rule in the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct preventing employees from blogging. If there was, I said, there should be a rule about employees doing any sort of writing in any sort of journal at all. To which he retorted, “But scholarly journals have an editorial policy that amounts to peer review.”

So how come so much rubbish gets printed in journals that claim to be “Catholic”?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home