Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not even the Pope has "the recipe" to "transform Christianity"

In his Wednesday Audience catechesis on 17th May, the Holy Father finished by saying this:

“Peter tells us: You think you have the recipe and that you have to transform Christianity, but the Lord is the one who knows the way. It is the Lord who says to me, who says to you, "Follow me!" And we must have the courage and humility to follow Jesus, as he is the way, the truth and the life.”

Did you note that? It is quite amazing, no? Am I right in hearing Papa Benny say (inter alia) that even he may occasionally fall into the temptation of saying to himself: “I have the recipe and I am going to transform Christianity”? And that whenever he might do so, he has to listen to the first Bishop of Rome who tells him: “It is the Lord who knows the way: follow him”?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home