Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Birthday Present (My Precious...)

Well, a day late, but I will call it my "Birthday Present" from the Holy Father, since he probably won't be sending me anything else. I must say though, that now the announcement has been made, I am looking forward to it as much as to any other gifts I may receive the day before. Here is Zenit's announcment. Note the title. It has Benedict's fingerprints on the cover.
Document on Eucharist Synod Due March 13

VATICAN CITY, MARCH 6, 2007 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI's postsynodal apostolic exhortation on the conclusions of the 2005 Synod of Bishops on the Eucharist will be published next Tuesday, the Vatican said. The document, "Sacramentum Caritatis" (The Sacrament of Love), gathers the proposals made during the synod's ordinary general assembly, held in October 2005, the Vatican press office said in its announcement today.

The theme of the assembly was "The Eucharist: Source and Summit of the Life and Mission of the Church." The synod, the first of Benedict XVI's pontificate, allowed participants to address the assembly freely at times. The document will be presented March 13 at a press conference by Cardinal Angelo Scola, patriarch of Venice and general relator of the assembly, and Archbishop Nikola Eterovic, secretary-general of the synod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home