Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Failed attempt to upload video of Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev!

I have just entirely failed in my attempts to upload a video of Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev, Russian Orthodox Bishop of Vienna and All Austria (NOT Australia, Dixie and George W.!) speaking briefly about his St Matthew Passion which will be performed in St Patrick's Cathedral on Friday night. I don't know why it didn't work. Some bug in blogger, I suspect...

Anyway, I was telling the good bishop today how young he looks (compared to myself who is the same age, but without so much hair and with glasses...).

He told me the following joke:

Do you know what the difference is between a priest and an archpriest?

The "arch"! [the latter is said, making a round "arch" movement with the hands over the stomach area! The fact that there were several good examples standing nearby made this joke even funnier!]

In case Dixie and George W. should think I am picking on them, Bishop Hilarion said today that he was once billed in a program as the "Bishop of Vienna and all Australia". In fact, our local Russian Bishop is also named "Hilarion" but is well over sixty years old. Bishop Hilarion (Jnr) said that after his appearance at this function, he was approached by several older Russian ladies who wanted to ask him the secret of his youthful visage...

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:38:00 pm , Blogger Dixie said...

Now David, when you post something that begins with Au...my first thought is not gold, not Austria but Australia because that is where YOU are. Of course, if I had posted something about the United Arab Emirates and you mistook it as the United States because it started with "United" and because I live there...I would no doubt razz you endlessly as well. Bloggers have no mercy! ;)

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:28:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the Romanian and Greek word for monk, "calugar" or "kalos geron", actually means just that : "beautiful elder".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home