Saturday, April 12, 2008

First Woman Bishop for Australian Anglican Church

I asked an Anglican friend yesterday about current news in the Anglican Communion, to which he replied that there was nothing unusual, just the usual attempt to tear themselves apart. He was obviously unaware of the news that would be on the front page of The Age this morning, namely the appointment of the first woman bishop for the Australian Anglican Churches. I extend my congratulations to Archdeacon Kay Goldsworthy, but I must say that, like Cardinal Kasper before me, I see it as a dark day for Catholic-Anglican hopes of the restoration of full communion any time this side of the eschaton. Despite all my admiration for Bishop Tom Wright, I still cannot share his point of view in this response to Kasper's speech.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:54:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BO-RING !

Unless I don't find out that she's actually a transgendered man who had sex-change surgery because s/he fancied to have hot, lavish, lascivious lesbian sex (a la >Mulholland Drive<) with his/her hot, lavish, lascivious lesbian lover, I'm declaring myself *officially BORED* !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home