Friday, November 28, 2008

SCM Psychoanalysed!

HT to the Ironic Catholic for this one. Go here to unleash Myers-Briggs on your blog.

My result was INTP, which is fairly accurate, except that I usually come out as an ENTP. My inner "I" is a significant reality in my life but I hide it under an outgoing, pleasant, charming exterior - my outer "E"(go).

Nevertheless, since it is hard for this side of my character to come out in a virtual cyber-environment like the blogosphere, I can live with the following analysis:
INTP - The Thinkers

The logical and analytical type. They are especialy attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 28, 2008 12:06:00 pm , Blogger Paul said...

I have done similar tests on myself. Maybe they are useful, but when I hear people say "this is great, that is just what I am like" I am not so sure. Aren't we just saying "I think I am like the person I think I am". Where is the added value or is it just reinforcing our own impression of ourselves?

 
At Friday, November 28, 2008 12:56:00 pm , Blogger Schütz said...

Or as St James would have said:
"He is like the man who looks in the mirror and says "Yes, that is just what I am like"."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home