Monday, January 12, 2009

BLOGNIC ALERT: The Second Annual Melbourne Catholic Bloggers Gathering (Sunday 25th January 6pm )

"Blognic" is a Fr Z. term for a gathering of bloggers for eating, drinking and conversation. We had one of these early last year (or was it late 2007 - can't remember - too long ago anyway) when we gathered here to farewell Monica and to attend the launch of Dr Tracey Rowland's book "Ratzinger's Faith".

Book launches seem a great opportunity for this sort of thing, and so Joshua (from Psallite Sapienter) and I have decided to call a Blognic (aka the 2nd Annual Melbourne Catholic Bloggers Gathering) for Sunday 25th of January at 6pm for dinner together and then to attend the launch of Dr Adam Cooper's new book "Life in the Flesh: An anti-gnostic spiritual philosophy".

The Book launch, which is at the Australian Catholic University (115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy) from 7.30pm to 9.30pm, will also include Bishop Christopher Prowse as guest speaker on the topic ‘Making sense of human suffering – hope, witness and redemption.’

If you are interested, and can join us, please RSVP in the com-box. We won't exclude non-Catholic bloggers - we'll be ecumenical on this issue, I think! I haven't thought of a meeting place just yet, but once we know who is coming we can organise where we meet and eat.

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:37:00 am , Anonymous Schütz said...

You could wear masks, perhaps...?

(who was that masked man sitting next you, Josh?)

 
At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:01:00 am , Anonymous Past Elder said...

You gonna not buy me those Qantas tix again this year?

 
At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:11:00 am , Anonymous Joshua said...

And I look forward to meeting up with all and sundry, and promise not to reveal the identities of any of the Coo-ees crowd (I've only worked out whom one of them is anyway)...

 
At Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:54:00 am , Anonymous matthias said...

I will not be there as I do not know what Mrs Matthias has planned,and I am also contemplating going to the Seafarers Mass at St Augustines at 8.00pm. A spiritual smorgasboard.

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:28:00 am , Anonymous Joshua said...

Any ideas yet about where we could dine?

I note that the day assigned will be the 3rd Sunday after Epiphany (the 3rd in Boring Time), or, better, the Feast of the Conversion of St Paul. How beaut!

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:36:00 am , Anonymous Joshua said...

David:

You have an amusing misprint above: Dr Cooper's book is "anti-gnostic" not "anti-agnostic"!

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:14:00 pm , Anonymous Past Elder said...

Fraser can have my seat, because I can't make it but if I did I'd sure as hell be on LPC's side of the table!

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:59:00 pm , Anonymous matthias said...

If I come where do i sit? I am neither Lutheran - was once-or catholic,just Baptist. Oh i know I will stand there and have a look on my face ,like a bad case of indigestion,whenever I am offered the demon drink ([pass the Guiness udner the table please joshua)

 
At Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:25:00 pm , Anonymous Schütz said...

We will find a place that serves Guiness for you, Matthias!

 
At Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:48:00 pm , Anonymous Miss Monification said...

The Imperial is always good! So is the Cricker's Bar... The Commune is closer ... Depends what you want really! Sigh... wish I could come and help you decide Schutzy.

 
At Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:57:00 pm , Anonymous Christine said...

Matthias (I love the name Matthias!), you will sit anywhere you darn well please! This Catholic would be delighted to make your acquaintance!

PE will be required to recite the entire Summa by heart even if he is sitting on LPC's side :-)

 
At Friday, January 16, 2009 2:05:00 am , Anonymous Schütz said...

Hiya Mon! How's it going? When are you going to put something new up on your blog to let us know what's happening?

 
At Friday, January 16, 2009 3:33:00 am , Anonymous Past Elder said...

Hell Lito, A Mighty Fortress was the recessional hymn when I graduated from die Abtei's university!

 
At Friday, January 16, 2009 12:42:00 pm , Anonymous Christine said...

Hi Lito,

Well, since A Mighty Fortress is in just about every hymnal these days (including at my Catholic parish) we can ALL sing it together!

 
At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:19:00 am , Anonymous Joshua said...

David et al.,

We'd better decide where we'll be meeting ASAP!

(BTW, owing to my earlier plans for staying with friends in Caulfield having fallen through, I'll be lodging in Parkville instead.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home