Friday, January 23, 2009

Telstra "Help" Line - a new defintion of the word "help"?

Having virtually no other avenue of protest, I would simply like to register the fact here that I have REPEATEDLY been frustrated by the Telstra "help" line.

This isn't the first time, but today I once again spent a hour on the phone to their "help" line, this time trying to register my new mobile phone account for their online services. I had to ring in four separate times, the first information I was given didn't work, the second got cut off, the third was to someone in the Philippines (after hearing Telstra's theme song "I am, you are, we are Australian") who could barely speak english and then cut me off, the fourth put me on hold for half an hour, then the last finally told me that their online services doesn't work for new accounts, and the account number they have for me isn't the right account number and I will only know the account number when I get my first bill.

Not happy, Jan.

What have your experiences been with Telstra or Bigpond "help" lines?

3 Comments:

At Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:13:00 am , Anonymous matthias said...

Further to above, i did say "coulod" as I was wearing a mask.
Wonder if Telstra was about in the 1950's if Jimmy Little's ROYAL TELEPHONE hit would have reflected this.
"Telephone to Glory almost anytime
I can hear the automated speaker/overseas operator
coming on the line"
Ah Telstra -wouldn't be dead for quids!!

 
At Monday, January 26, 2009 3:11:00 am , Anonymous Jeff Tan said...

Oh, I say!

 
At Sunday, February 01, 2009 4:28:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

send telstra a complaint - they usually give you a month's free line rental as an "apology"!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home