Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Watching the Worm

It is a vain thing to do, but I have a site meter attached to this blog and I keep an eye on it to see if the blog is "hitting the spot".

Back before I migrated to Wordpress, Sentire Cum Ecclesia was getting almost 8000 hits a month. Currently it is running at just under 4000. But my old site on Blogger is still getting about 1,500 a month, so I guess that means that "in toto", SCE is running at about 5,500. Some way to go to building up the old community, of course. I wonder if, for some reason, the old Blogger site was picked up more easily by Google or something? Could be. When I do a google search on "Sentire Cum Ecclesia", my blogs are the first two entries to come up - but the blogger site is listed first.

Curious.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:23:00 am , Anonymous Matthias said...

Well Schutz i have just returned from a trip to Adelaide so will make up for lost time

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:48:00 pm , Anonymous Joshua said...

Well, my little blog gets about 2000 hits a month, so I'm surprised yours doesn't much get more, but then again I agree completely with Tony's comments above: please post more often!

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:24:00 pm , Anonymous matthias said...

I come to this blog then hop over into the other blogs,but i always check on this one first. It is also good to see Cardinal Pole commenting here albeit in another comm box ,after a break

 
At Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:53:00 pm , Anonymous Harry said...

I think that the problem is that you made it harder to comment.

 
At Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:26:00 am , Anonymous Schütz said...

1. Guilty as charged.

2. Guilty as charged. I will try to make amends. Life seems to be very busy lately...

3. Hmm. I have always wondered whether a "view" by RSS feed counts as a "hit". I wonder how you can find out who subscribes to your feed?

 
At Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:27:00 am , Anonymous Schütz said...

Ah. I did, didn't I? (Grumble. I hate Trolls). Not "harder" - just more controlled. But that should only mean that the number of comments should have decreased. Or do you think there is a correlation between the ease of commenting and the likelihood of reading the blog?

 
At Friday, August 14, 2009 1:05:00 am , Anonymous Harry said...

Past Elder, Weedon and some others use to comment and it was edifying to see these comments even if you or others didn't agree with them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home