Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What does the inside of a Pro-Abortionist's head look like?

Thanks to to Online Opinion for reprinting this pro-abortion blog from Audrey Apple's blogsite, judged to be one of 2006's best Australian blogs by Club Troppo. Until they invent an x-ray (or should that be a microscope?) for looking inside the heads of the pro-abortionist lobby, this blog will have to do. But it does the job very well, in any case. Some gems:
A couple of days ago, I went to hospital and experienced what some people call “exercising reproductive rights” and others (Abbott, Family First, a nation in archaic denial) refer to as “heartless, evil baby murdering”... Whichever term floats your boat is your business. Personally, I will always be a tad incensed by the latter but that’s my opinion. The most obvious difference between the two is that the first is right and the second is wrong.

Being pregnant was horrific. I don’t recommend it unless you really, really want a baby.
(But I expect the sex was good, and could be recommended even if you don't want a baby, because if you do get pregnant you can get an abortion, right?)
Two days after the fact, I don’t feel remotely depressed about it. It was not a baby. It was a fetus. It had no concept of pain, loss or fear. Not being pregnant anymore is an intense relief. In many ways, it was one of the best things that could have happened to me.

I made the (unquestionable) decision to abort the fetus because, quite simply, a child would be a ridiculous thing for me to have right now. I am not ashamed to say that, despite countless bitter criticisms from the pro-life camp, it would be a gross inconvenience and a hindrance.
Ah yes, children are ridiculous, annoying "things" aren't they? And if you do have one they always seem to expect you to make some sort of self-sacrifice for them, don't they...
As far as I’m concerned, it’s an area in which men shouldn’t DARE to try and dictate the parameters of to women. As long as women are the ones dealing with what is, for all intents and purposes, a parasite (by which I mean it is biologically dependent upon the host to survive) until the moment of birth, it is they who have the sole right to choose if they want to carry said parasite.
Until the moment of birth?! Who are you kidding, lady? They remain parasites for LIFE!
But I do want to have children in the future. I also want to have a career and a life that is comfortable and stable.
And after all that comes this:
My parents are quite simply the best people on this planet, and I can never understand who deemed me lucky enough to be given to them.
Or who deemed you lucky enough to be given to someone who didn't abort you because you were an inconvenience, a hinderance, a parasite, only a foetus etc.

[Reader: Well, that was instructive and rational, wasn't it.
Schütz: Yes, I thought so.]

The phrase "that's not the Christian attitude" is perhaps a little overused, and thus robbed of any real meaning. But I hope that it is clear to all who read this that there is a radical disjunction between the self-sacrificial love of Christ as it is lived out in the Christian marriage and family and the attitude toward reproduction and children that Audrey Apple displays in this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home