Friday, September 28, 2007

The Anti-Football League

The Anti-Football League

Yes folks, I am now sporting one of these rather nifty little lapel badges and doing my bit for the Anti-Football League (AFL for short). For those of you who are "out of town", Melbourne is the home to a rather eccentric form of "football" called "Aussie Rules". Tomorrow is Grand Final Day, which is bigger than "Cup Day" except it doesn't get a public holiday. I am doing my bit. I have organised the Victorian Catholic Ecumenical and Interfaith Conference for the afternoon!

Seriously, I am praying for the Geelong team tomorrow. I am doing this for two reasons:

1) In the interest of interfaith relations (I personally only have one religion)

2) Because it would be really cruel for Geelong to have gotten into the Grand Final for the first time in more than 40 years only to miss out on a premiership.

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 28, 2007 10:11:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame on you.

Go Power!

 
At Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:29:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame on Power.

Go You!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home