Thursday, December 20, 2007

In case you felt inclined to become a fantasy writer...

I sometimes fantasize about being a writer. I don't know if that's the same thing as being a "fantasy writer". Probably not. In my fantasy world, I am living in a little Tasmanian Georgian hamlet on the earnings of lucrative royalties while typing up my next blockbuster fantasy novel which will put the Christian story into a mythical narrative that will be irrestible to todays atheistic secularist materialist teenager...

In any case, reading "The End of Magic" by Sarah E. Hinlicky has finally convinced me to give up on this ambition and stick with the version of Lewis' "true myth" that we have in the Gospels. You simply can't improve on the incarnation, crucifixion and resurrection for mythic impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home