Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Help Needed from Melbourne Readers

Long in the planning, but only now heading toward fruition, is a "Catholic Muslim Youth Friendship Night" in Melbourne at the Archdiocesan centre on March 9th. You can get all the details here from the Commissions "Newsblog". Difficulty is, I'm struggling to drum up any interest from Catholics.

So: If you are between 15 and 30, Catholic, and live in Melbourne, and would like to be a part of an intercultural experience with a group of young Turkish Australian Muslims, drop me an email at ecum@melbourne.catholic.org.au and I will be very glad to welcome you aboard!

Other Melbourne Catholics who fall outside the age bracket: You could still be of help. Please contact me if you want to assist.

1 Comments:

At Friday, February 08, 2008 10:24:00 pm , Blogger Jeff Tan said...

Damn, I'm too old. :-P

Our chaplain is out of town at Monash, so I'll get back to you on this one.

And our parish in Mt. Waverley may not have much interest because.. one hardly sees Muslims around. The university is the best bet. On the other hand, at the campus where I'm at, Catholics are hard to find, too. We had an Ash Wednesday Mass celebrated by (I think) a retired priest from St. Aloysius. I put up flyers and e-mailed the dozen or so Catholics who registered last year. There were only three who attended. Sure, most students are still on holidays, but during the semester, there are usually only three attending the weekly Mass, too.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, I'll see what we can drum up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home