Monday, May 05, 2008

A second opinion...

Having asked my Lutheran wife whether the Catholic Church was a false, anti-Christian religion, I thought I would seek a second opinion from a Catholic layman, a senior member of my "Reading Paul" class, and a leading member of his parish.

"Do you believe that you are saved by anything other than the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus?", I asked.

"Absolutely not," he replied.

"And do you think that the Catholic Church teaches that we are saved by anything else than the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus?", I asked.

"Absolutely not," he replied.

Of course, he might be wrong. He's only been a Catholic for sixty something years... Some non-Catholic correspondents on this blog might have more certain knowledge of the Catholic faith which could prove him wrong...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home