Saturday, August 15, 2009

Turning Points in Church History: Anima Intensive Course September 18-20, 2009 in Ballarat

Church History for Ballarat

Over three days in Ballarat in September, I will be presenting a short intensive Anima Education course entitled "Turning Points in Church History". If you can come, you would be most welcome! Just phone Maureen on the contact number below.

1. Transition from Apostolic to Early Church and the Challenge of Gnosticism
2. Nicea and the Challenge of Arius
3. Ecumenical Councils 2-7
4. Renaissance of the Church in the West (Scholastics and Middle Ages)
5. Reformation and the Council of Trent
6. Vatican Councils I and II

12 hours of interactive lecture/discussion:

Friday 18th September 7.30-9.30 pm
Saturday 19th September 10.00-12.00, 1.00-3.00, 3.30-5.30
Sunday 20th September 10.00-12.00, 1.00-3.00

Nazareth House, Mill Street, Ballarat
Cost : $85, payable in advance (+ donation of $5 for lunch)

A joint project of Anima Education and the Catholic Women’s League

For more information/to register, contact Maureen Van der Linden ph. 5334 6264

3 Comments:

At Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:16:00 pm , Anonymous Sharon said...

David the course sounds great. Any chance of putting the notes online after the event?

 
At Monday, August 17, 2009 5:13:00 pm , Anonymous Schütz said...

I am trying to think of ways in which I could put a whole lot of things "on line" - including my lecture notes and the midi-files I create for when I cantor in my parish. But Wordpress doesn't let me do this - unless I start paying them. Might have to do this eventually...

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:12:00 am , Anonymous Sharon said...

Speaking of being a cantor ... I would really like to sing the psalms from the brievary but don't know the tunes. I discovered a Lutheran site which sings them unaccompanied, just the way I like them, but the translation is not the grail translation. Do you know of a site or CD which has the grail psalms unaccompanied?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home