Friday, September 17, 2010

The Age reprints Guardian piece on the Church

The Age has a one page spread on the Catholic Church and Pope Benedict in the lead up to his visit to Britain today. I began reading it and then thought "I've read this before..." In fact, it is an edited reprint of an article I linked to in a previous post from The Guardian. I was wondering if the editors just took out the positive bits and left the negative bits. In comparing the two versions, I concluded that there was some evidence of this, but not much, so I won't make anything of it.

4 Comments:

At Friday, September 17, 2010 2:38:00 am , Anonymous Schütz said...

I thought you would appreciate it, Tony! :-)

 
At Friday, September 17, 2010 3:30:00 am , Anonymous Peter Golding said...

The article appeared on page 17 of the Age I bought and contained nothing I haven't heard before.

 
At Friday, September 17, 2010 4:59:00 am , Anonymous Matthias said...

Schutz should pass this onto Media Watcg at the ABC as they pick up sloppy journalism if the GUARDIAN is not acknowledged

 
At Friday, September 17, 2010 7:26:00 am , Anonymous Matthias said...

Yes I wrote in haste. -nevertheless the Fairfax media cannot resist having another crack at Christian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home