Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pinged for the Alphabet Meme...

(Thanks for "pinging" me, Shannon. Rather than ping another blogger, I'm going to do something which isn't quite kosher: I'm pinging Peregrinus, a regular visitor to this site. I want to know more about him, and figure that, short of giving us his real name, address and occupation, this is will be a fun way to do it. Just use the comment option, Peregrinus, and you can skip "N is for Name"!)

[A is for age]: 40. 4 decades. Old. Going grey in the beard. "Young" enough to join the junior division in the Ulysses club.

[B is for beer of choice]: Generally Guinness or Kilkenny, or another British brew. But I had a sensational beer over Christmas: Cooper's Vintage, available only in South Australia. It is released in limited amounts around October each year in dated bottles and improves in the bottle. I had one dated 14 October 2000, which (as those of you reading my other blog, Year of Grace, will know) was before the birth of my second daughter. She was quite amused to know that the beer I was drinking was older than her!

[C is for career]: Professional Librarian, Ex-Ordained Lutheran Pastor, Amature Theologian, Executive Officer.

[D is for favorite Drink]: Port. In hot weather, Port with ice.

[E is for Essential item you use everyday]: Coffee maker.

[F is for Favorite song at the moment]: Flanders and Swan's take on Mozart's Horn Concerto. I've memorised it and sing it with my girls.

[G is for favorite Game]: Yahtzee.

[H is for Home town]: Pinnaroo, SA.

[I is for Instruments you play]: Piano (anything with a keyboard), recorder; and I've had a go at the piano accordian, and the guitar. I want a set of bongo drums...

[J is for favorite Juice]: Carrot, with ginger. Great breakfast drink (followed by coffee).

[K is for Kids]: Maddy and Mia. I love 'em to bits. My darling little inkblots.

[L is for last kiss]: My wife this morning when leaving for work.

[M is for marriage]: It takes a lot of work, but then so does anything that is really worth doing.

[N is for full Name]: David Michael Schütz. The umlauts are important.

[O is for Overnight hospital stays]: Only ever once, for an appendectomy (age 17).

[P is for phobias]: Absense of boundaries.

[Q is for quote]: Douglas Adams: "The large yellow flying saucers hung in the air in exactly the same way that bricks don't."

[R is for biggest Regret]: Not becoming a Catholic when the idea first occurred to me in 2nd year Seminary 1985.

[S is for sports]: For what?

[T is for Time you wake up]: Often at dawn. Lately, later. Blame the heat, and staying up late to rewatch the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

[U is for color underwear]: The only article of clothing I do not attempt to match with the rest of my outfit.

[V is for Vegetable you love]: I'm a bloke. Potatoes.

[W is for Worst Habit]: Blogging at work.

[X is for X-rays you’ve had]: Teeth, sprained wrist, back.

[Y is for Yummy food you make]: I make a brilliant pork roast, even if I do say so myself.

[Z is for zodiac sign]: In Latin, Schütz translates as Sagittarius, but in fact I am a Pisces. Sort of figures, doesn't it?

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:14:00 pm , Blogger LPC said...

I replied to your posts and thanks for the input.

Lito

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:07:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . I'm pinging Peregrinus, a regular visitor to this site. I want to know more about him

My dear chap, you have only to ask.

[A is for age]: 44. About as much hair as David.

[B is for beer of choice]: Rogers, a local brew. (There’s a clue buried in there, somewhere.) An outraged sense of national pride compels me to point out to David that neither Guinness nor Kilkenny are “British brews”. (There’s another clue in there.)

[C is for career]: Solicitor. I do other things, but nobody pays me for them.

[D is for favorite Drink]: You can’t beat a good cup of tea.

[E is for Essential item you use everyday]: Computer.

[F is for Favorite song at the moment]: At the moment I don’t have a favourite song, so much as a song that is going round incessantly in my head. I won’t mention it, because then it would go around incessantly in your head, and you would hate me if I did that to you.

[G is for favorite Game]: Boggle.

[H is for Home town]: Dublin, originally.

[I is for Instruments you play]: Nothing.

[J is for favorite Juice]: Orange juice. But – a useful tip I picked up in my younger days – papaya juice is an effective hangover cure.

[K is for Kids]: My son would be ten this year, if he had lived. My daughter will be seven next month.

[L is for last kiss]: Not for many decades to come, I hope.

[M is for marriage]: Twelfh anniversary next July. Best decision I ever made.

[N is for full Name]: See under ‘P’ below.

[O is for Overnight hospital stays]: Twice, in childhood. And once with my wife (then my fiancee) when she was the patient.

[P is for phobias]: Revealing my name.

[Q is for quote]: 1 Kings 19:3-8

[R is for biggest Regret]: Too many to mention.

[S is for sports]: Strictly for watching. And then only selectively, and in moderation.

[T is for Time you wake up]: Any time between 5:30 and 7:00.

[U is for color underwear]: [Checks discreetly] Black. You’re not really interested in this, are you? Please tell me you’re not.

[V is for Vegetable you love]: Corn on the cob, but only when barbecued.

[W is for Worst Habit]: See under R above.

[X is for X-rays you’ve had]: Oh, let’s see . . . Spine. Chest. Teeth. There must be something starting with ‘X’ that would be more interesting to ask about than this.

[Y is for Yummy food you make]: Ice cream. (A tip from my single days: serving a woman your home-made ice cream is a surprisingly effective seduction technique – at least, by comparison with most of my other seduction techniques.)

[Z is for zodiac sign]: Virgo, though some people tell me I’m on the cusp of whatever it is that comes next after Virgo.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:37:00 pm , Blogger Schütz said...

Deepest, deepest apologies to all Irishmen, especially to those named Roger from Dublin, aged 44 with little hair: Of course, I know that Guinness and Kilkenny are Irish beers, but I was using the term "British" in the traditional geographic sense of the "British Isles". However one lives and learns and I now learns that the Irish (besides being irrational on many other counts) have added to their irrationality by lately insisting that their island (except for a small part in the north) is NOT part of the the geographical region called the British Isles (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles_naming_dispute#_note-0). How Northern Ireland manages to be part of this geographical thing called the British Isles while the rest of their island is not, I have no idea. Objecting to the term "British" as a term inclusive of Ireland seems to confuse politics and geography. But far be it from me to correct anyone on their own self-identification.

Thanks for playing, Peregrinus!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home