Friday, March 23, 2007

Actually, I just realised I could have a little fun with this...

It just occurred to me that I could have a bit of fun with the "Soldier's Creed" (see previous blog), along these lines:

I am a Catholic Blogger.
I am a Thinker and a Member of a world-wide Team.
I serve the Catholic Church and live the Catholic values.
I will always place the mission of the Church first.
I will never accept rebuttal.
I will never quit an argument.
I will come to the defence of the Truth.
I am disciplined, mentally tough,
trained and proficient in rational thinking and argumentation.
I will maintain my bible, my catechism and my blogsite.
I stand ready to pounce, engage, and pick to pieces the enemies of the Catholic Church in reasoned debate.
I am a guardian of Orthodoxy and the Catholic way of life.
I am a Catholic Blogger.

Wasn't that inspiring?? Could someone please set THAT to music?

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 4:06:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was fascinated to learn, from the Wikipedia article that you linked to, that it is customary to shout "Hooah!" after reciting the soldier's creed.

What, I wonder, is the appropriate exclamation after the blogger's creed? I suppose "Amen!" is too obvious.

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 4:16:00 pm , Blogger Schütz said...

What about "Amen, Brother!" No, we would have to have it "Amen, Brother and/or Sister!" Or perhaps, "Amen, non gender specific sibling!" Nah. Doesn't work, does it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home