Thursday, March 22, 2007

Homer and Bart Simpson Convert to Catholicism


I am not a huge Simpsons fan--I leave that department to the excellent Fraser Pearce who has compiled an entire dogmatic theology textbook on the basis of this long running animated comedy. Me, I prefer Monty Python...

BUT, Peter has sent me another YouTube link (I'm supposed to be doing some work tonight, Peter) which I just had to share. You may have missed this episode in which Bart and Homer Simpson convert (or almost convert) to Catholicism. Very witty, as Oscar Wilde would have said--who by all accounts actually did finally make it into the Catholic Church--hell, if he can do it, why not Bart and Homer? In fact, why not YOU, dear Reader?

Here's the link. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 11:18:00 pm , Blogger Dixie said...

Snicker, snicker. My Lutheran husband really enjoyed this one. I have to admit my favorite part was Jesus "gone native".

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:48:00 am , Blogger 318@Nicea said...

You know, I heard that the creator of the Simpsons is a Missouri synod Lutheran.
Dave

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:13:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... Just because ... :-)

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:31:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I loved Catholic and Protestant Heaven.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home