Monday, October 08, 2007

Deleted entry

I recently broke a "cast iron rule" I made for myself when I first began blogging. I blogged on an issue directly related to work. That blog entry is gone. I removed it of my own volition.

However the issues raised by that blog remain valid. In that entry, I said that "the loony right can use the 'hermeneutic of rupture' just as effectively as the dissendent left". I characterised that argument as follows:
The Pope has done "a, b, and c", which shows that he is fallible and in error, therefore we will continue doing "x, y and z" despite what he says, because we are right and he is wrong.
I argued that
the Catholic Centre is between the Dissendent Left and the Traditionalist Right--ie. those Catholics who remain faithful to the teaching magisterium of the Bishops in communion with the Successor of Peter.
I remain of that opinion. But I apologise to all and sundry who felt that in my original (now deleted) entry I had calumnised them in any way. And I certainly retract any suggestion that I may have made of duplicity on the part of anyone involved in the original incident. I am sure all acted in good faith. I am still of the mind that the result was, however, regrettable.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:48:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Father Neuhaus' book The Catholic Moment. Father's journey to the Catholic Church was an inspiration for my own.

His observations concerning the left/right paradigms are spot on.

Especially:

The silly season is almost over, although elements of the discontinuant right find it useful to generate outrage by pretending that it is still in full swing.

Garry Wills/The SSPX
Patrick Buchanan/Richard McBrien

It's all the same brew.

The center still does indeed hold. I will remain in communion with the Holy Father, and I appreciate this Holy Father very much.

 
At Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:44:00 pm , Blogger Anagnostis said...

I continue to believe your paradigm false, but spoken like a gentleman anyway.

 
At Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:45:00 pm , Blogger Anagnostis said...

Garry Wills/The SSPX
Patrick Buchanan/Richard McBrien

It's all the same brew.


Facile and unhelpful.

 
At Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:34:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Facile and unhelpful it may be but I agree with Father Neuhaus' assessments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home